Mind • Body • Spirit
AVAC’s Senior Wellness Program is designed to help senior members develop and maintain total fitness of mind and body and spirit. We accomplish this by providing exceptional care to all senior members and their guests, in an environment that supports personal and social well-being.
Lectures, Workshops and Games.
- Game Day Mondays at 2 pm in the Poolside Cafe
- Mah Jongg Wednesdays at 1 pm in the Poolside Cafe
- Personal Training For people who desire a personal exercise program that identifies their health status along with the professional expertise to reach their goals.
- Group Fitness Gentle fitness. For people with semi-permanent muscular-skeletal limitations. Cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance and increased flexibility through 'step' routines.
- Water Fitness Work at your own fitness levels, and have some fun!
- Pilates for Seniors Improve posture, strengthen muscles and joints.
- Endurance Training Train your muscles to prepare for activities of daily living. Wednesdays 7 pm.
- Aqua Pilates Pilates movements in the water. Core fitness done in a whole new way. For people who have impact or joint concerns. Held in the indoor pool. Thursdays 12:45 - 1:15 pm
Trips to the theater, sports, museums, shopping. Birthday celebrations in the Poolside Café. Potluck dinners, restaurant dining and special destinations, including international trips. Click here for our activities.
In addition to our programs, we help our members by offering guidance through life's challenges. Our Wellness program offers a place for people to receive physical, emotional, and family support.
For more information on our Wellness Program please contact our Wellness Director Mary Ann Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.445.4931.
“When I first came to Almaden Valley Athletic Club as a guest participating in Mary Ann Smith's "Spring Chickens" class, I started to feel more energy. After using my guest passes as a guest, I joined AVAC and continued in Mary Ann's classes: "Just Enough", "Spring Chickens", Pilates and Tai Chi. As a result, I have lost seven pounds, have SO much more energy and feel great! (The endorphins are bouncing.) Mary Ann's gentle and encouraging style has kept me on track and wanting to exercise. If I miss a class (beyond my control), I feel the difference. Thank you Mary Ann for helping me to find again my fun and energetic self that has been missing for the past two plus years!”
Carol Perez, AVAC Member