The Pool, Spa and surrounding deck area of the Club are where many members and guests come to enjoy a few hours of 'resort' living, right in their own neighborhood! Please remember that use of the pool is at the discretion of the lifeguards and management who reserve the right to enforce the rules.
- Lap Swimmers and therapy users may swim in our indoor pool Mondays through Fridays from 6:30 to 8:30 am. There are two lanes that are 17 yards, a mid-pool section good for walking, and a shallow area 11 yards long. Though not ideal for lap swimming, it’s excellent for warm-water therapy, basic movement, or stroke practice. Please note: This program is open to AVAC® members 15 and older. Please remember to check in and get your towels at the AVAC® Front Desk before going to Swim School.
- Wristbands are required to identify AVAC® members and their guests. These will be distributed at the Front or Back Desk when you check in, and will be periodically monitored by the staff.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
- For the protection and safety of all swimmers, flotation devices of any kind are not permitted for children. Lap swimmers in the lanes may utilize kick boards, and pull buoys for their workout.
- Small and safe diving toys will be permitted as long as they are utilized properly. Toys that are thrown or that enter the lap lanes will be confiscated by the lifeguards and returned at the end of the day.
- Lap lanes are for responsible lap swimmers only. Proper lane swimming etiquette will be enforced.
- Please avoid hanging, sitting or standing on the lane lines.
- The wading pool is reserved for swimmers 5 years of age and younger with adult supervision at all times. The adult must be on the wading pool deck within arm’s reach of the child.
- Re-usable swim diapers are required for all children under the age of three and for all non-potty trained swimmers as mandated by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety. These are available for purchase at the Front Desk.
- Diving is permitted only in the 9’ section.
- Glass containers create a hazard for everyone and are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Please rinse off in our junior locker room showers before entering the pool or hot tub.
- Water Fitness Pool Usage: Instructors will begin all classes with one lane line moved to the side. For all classes where the number of participants has been consistently above 15 people, classes will begin with two lane lines moved. Any class with over 25 participants will require more space and thus three lane lines can be moved. The third lane line will not be moved until there are enough participants to warrant this.
Use of the pool is at the discretion of the lifeguards and management who reserve the right to enforce the rules.
Adult Supervision Guidelines
|Age of Child||Lifeguard on Duty||No Lifeguard on Duty|
|0-8||Direct adult supervision||Direct adult supervision|
|9-11||Adult must remain on the AVAC® campus||Direct adult supervision|
|12-14||Parent may drop off after providing AVAC®
Front Desk with contact information.
|Direct adult supervision|