- • Lap Swimmers and therapy users may swim in our indoor pool Mondays through Fridays from 6:30 to 8:30 am. There are two lanes that are 17 yards, a mid-pool section good for walking, and a shallow area 11 yards long. Though not ideal for lap swimming, it’s excellent for warm-water therapy, basic movement, or stroke practice. Please note: This program is open to AVAC® members 15 and older. Please remember to check in and get your towels at the AVAC® Front Desk before going to Swim School.
• Wristbands are required to identify AVAC® members and their guests. These will be distributed at the Front Desk or Back Gate when you check in, and will be periodically monitored by the staff.
• Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
• For the protection and safety of all swimmers, flotation devices of any kind are not permitted for children. Lap swimmers in the lanes may utilize kick boards, and pull buoys for their workout.
• Small and safe diving toys will be permitted as long as they are utilized properly. Toys that are thrown or that enter the lap lanes will be confiscated by the lifeguards and returned at the end of the day.
• Lap lanes are for responsible lap swimmers only. Proper lane swimming etiquette will be enforced.
• Please avoid hanging, sitting or standing on the lane lines.
• The spa is reserved for responsible individuals 15 years and older, and for children of appropriate height when directly supervised by an adult on the spa deck. A child must be able to stand flat-footed while keeping their chin above water to be considered appropriate height. Children are not permitted in the spa during adult swim.
• The wading pool is reserved for swimmers 5 years of age and younger with adult supervision at all times. The adult must be on the wading pool deck within arm’s reach of the child.
• Re-usable swim diapers are required for all children under the age of three and for all non-potty trained swimmers as mandated by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety. These are available for purchase at the Front Desk.
• Diving is permitted only in the 9’ section.
• Glass containers create a hazard for everyone and are not permitted on the pool deck.
• Please rinse off in our junior locker room showers before entering the pool or hot tub.
Use of the pool is at the discretion of the lifeguards and management who reserve the right to enforce the rules.
| Age of Child|| Lifeguard On Duty|| No Lifeguard On Duty|
|0 to 8||Direct adult supervision||Direct adult supervision|
| 9 to 11 ||Adult must remain on the |
|Direct adult supervision|
|12 to 14||Parent may drop off |
after providing AVAC® Front Desk
with contact information.
|Direct adult supervision|