COVID19 AVACŪ Tennis & Pickleball Guidelines
• Tennis & Pickleball Play Hours Monday - Friday 9 - 8 pm, Saturday & Sunday 9 - 5 pm.
• Tennis and Pickleball play is limited to all Tennis Members, and Fitness Members for a limited time. No more than two households may play together at any one time. Examples of allowable play: singles play is now permitted between individuals from two households, doubles play is permitted as long as all members are from no more than two households.
• Tennis & Pickleball private lessons are permitted and/or with individuals that are of the same household.
• No Drop-In tennis or pickleball clinics, group clinics, private lessons or social gatherings.
• Bring your own equipment to play i.e. rackets & tennis balls including water & towels.
• Benches on all courts have been removed. Ball machine, ice machine, & barbecue use are suspended. The pro shop & all services are CLOSED. Deck 1 & 2 are CLOSED.
• The bathroom located at the tennis office will be open. We ask that after using the bathroom facility you notify our tennis staff to then allow us to clean all touch points.
When You Arrive:
• Tennis access from the front AVAC® parking lot is through an open fence gate (Emergency Gate) near the tennis office. To exit AVAC® tennis area you will go through an open fence gate located near court 6.
• Everyone must check–in at the tennis office.
How To Schedule Play:
• All Tennis & Pickleball court reservations will be made by calling the tennis office at 408.445.4915.
• Tennis Members can make court reservations 3 days in advance. Fitness members can reserve a court for play on the same day. You will be asked for your name and all names of who are playing with you.
• Tennis members can reserve a court for 1.5 hours and one reservation per day per member. Fitness members can reserve a court for 1 hour per day and only one court per day.
• Thirty (30) minute periods will be placed in between each 1 hour reservation to minimize contact with others & allow AVAC® staff to clean the courts for the next reservation.
• AVAC® tennis & fitness members will be allowed to reserve pickleball courts numbers 2 & 4 only in 1 hour periods by calling the tennis office at 408.445.4915.
• Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your court reservation. When your play is completed individuals should leave AVAC®, no lingering.
What To Expect From Us:
• AVAC® staff will be cleaning each court after every reservation wiping down gate handles, tennis nets other potential touch points & cleaning the court area of any trash or tennis balls.
• The tennis bathroom will be wiped down & cleaned every hour if not after every use.
Additional tips & recommendations to follow for safe tennis & pickleball play:
• Although unlikely, it's possible that a tennis ball can transmit the COVID-19 virus, as virtually any hard surface can transmit the disease. So here is an extra precaution you can take to keep safe when playing tennis. Should a ball that is not one you are playing with wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to return it. Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible. Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court. Do not use the locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
• No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing. All players should leave the facility immediately after play. Clean & wipe down your equipment, including racquets & water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats & towels.