Pilates is a total body workout with core strength being the foundation. The core muscles lie deep within the abdomen and back. Pilates trains the core muscles not only to be strong, but to work alongside the more superficial muscles of the trunk to support the spine and overall body movement.
As core strength is developed, stability through the entire torso increases. This is one of the ways Pilates helps overcome back pain. Good trunk stability not only increases back strength but allows the body to move more freely and efficiently.
San Jose Pilates Classes at AVAC®
Our instructors emphasize a long term approach to Pilates, and are trained to instruct everyone from complete beginners to seasoned Pilates participants. Our trainers work with a client’s skills and fitness level to develop an experience that is the perfect balance of challenge and reward.
Our San Jose Pilates Facility
Our facility is vast and our staff members are as numerous. AVAC® currently has seven instructors providing private instruction as well as hosting 22 small group classes per week; 6 of those specifically for seniors.
Not a member?
Member (drop-in) Mat $19 | Reformer $28
Non-Member (drop-in) Mat $22 | Reformer $35
Member (8 pack) Mat $17 | Reformer $25
Non-Member (8 pack) Mat $20 | Reformer $32
For private session pricing, contact instructor directly.
How to Sign Up
· All clients, members and non-members can create an account on www.mindbodyonline.com, scroll to the “Online Store,” click on “Purchase Single Class,” then select Pilates from the drop down.
· Both members and non-members can purchase one-time (drop-in) classes or 8-packs.
· If you are interested in HIIT classes as well, you should go the route of AbsoluteFIT. Sign up from the “Memberships” section of the online store or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Attendance and Expiration
· 8-packs are valid for 90 days after purchase date
· Clients must sign up at least 1 hour prior to class, but may only cancel without penalty more than 6 hours before class.
· $25 late cancellation fee (within 6 hours or class start or no-show) at instructors/coach’s discretion
· To avoid the late cancel clients must cancel reservation online, in the Club, or by calling the front desk 408.445.4900.
· Members and non-members may purchase a single class but still must sign up online
· Cash refunds will be issued on pre-paid fitness packages within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, unused session balance can be transferred to other fitness programs.