Pool Rules & Guidelines
- Small safe balls & diving toys that are utilized safely are permitted. Objects that are thrown into the lap lanes will be confiscated by the lifeguards & returned at the end of the day.
- Lap lanes are for responsible lap swimmers only. Proper lane swimming etiquette will be enforced.
- Communicate with fellow members. Ask before you enter a lane.
- Choose a lane split method such as split or circle, & whether you’ll be starting at opposite ends.
- Stick to your side of the lane & be mindful of your body positioning & swim aids.
- If your swimming style, swim aids, or preferred stroke tends to take up more than half the lane, consider swimming at a less-popular time such as later in the morning or mid-day.
- No flotation devices (including & not limited to water-wings, life jackets & pool noodles). Kick boards & pull buoys may be used by lap swimmers only. Children or adults with special conditions requesting a Coast Guard Type III or V approved life jacket should see an AVAC Manager.
- Adult swim is called 15 minutes before each hour when lifeguards are on. This is an adult only pool & spa time.
- The spa is for adults 15 & older. Children tall enough to stand flat footed with their head completely out of the water may use the spa with direct supervision.
- Adult Lap Swimmers & therapy users may swim in our indoor pool daily from 5:30 to 8:30 am. Please check in at the AVAC® Front Desk.
- No hanging, sitting or standing on the lane lines.
- No running on the pool deck.
- Mermaid fins are permitted at the lifeguard’s discretion. If misused or becomes an obstacle, they will be ask for it to be removed.
- Children in the wading pool must have adult supervision at all times (within arm’s reach of child).
- Re-usable swim diapers are required for all children under the age of three & for all non-potty trained swimmers.
- Diving is permitted only in the 9’ section.
- Use of the pool is at the discretion of the lifeguards & management who reserve the right to enforce the rules.
- Outside Food, Drinks, & Personal Belongings:
- No distilled spirits allowed on-site (per our ABC license)
- No glass bottles around the pool area
- AVAC requests members limit outside food & drinks to a small picnic suitable to the size of your party. We reserve the right to ask you to remove any personal items, including outside food and drinks.
- Large hard-sided coolers around the pool, personal amplified music, outside furniture, & large quantities of food & drink can create hazards, distractions, & excess garbage which we’re unable to handle. Please understand that personal equipment, food, or drink which affects AVAC’s safety or ambiance may be removed by management.
- All swimmers under 15 years old must use the Jr Locker rooms located on the outdoor pool deck, the indoor locker rooms are for Adults only.
Adult Supervision Guidelines
|Age of Child||Lifeguard on Duty||No Lifeguard on Duty|
|0-8||Direct adult supervision||Direct adult supervision|
|9-11||Adult must remain on the AVAC® campus||Direct adult supervision|
|12-14||Parent may drop off after providing AVAC®
Front Desk with contact information.
|Direct adult supervision|