Due to low attendance, this program has been placed on hold starting August 17th.
Direct line: 408.445.4935
Filled with play-to-learn activities, our center features a rock climbing wall, reading area, as well as arts & crafts projects on a regular basis. All of our staff undergo background screening & are CPR & First Aid certified. Available for children of AVAC® members while they make use of our facility. Parent or guardian must be on site while children are in our facility. This service is not intended to substitute for preschool or daycare. It is a drop-in care facility the club provides to members at a minimal cost.
COVID19 Child Care Guidelines
Entering Child Care for drop off & pick up at AVAC®
- Children, members or family members feeling any COVID19 symptoms should refrain coming to AVAC® for Child Care access or to utilize our Outdoor Areas for fitness activities.
- Children, members or family members should remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 3 days without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Children (7 years of age and above) & family members with them must wear a mask covering that covers their nose & mouth while entering AVAC® & anywhere on the premises. If children or families do not have a mask (will AVAC® provide Masks) they will not be allowed to enter AVAC® premises.
- Families while on AVAC® premises will continue to social distance staying 6 ft apart when dropping off or picking up children from Child Care. Individuals who do not adhere to the 6 ft social distance will be asked to leave.
- Drop-off and Pickup Details –
- Child Care Staff should maintain social distancing of at least six feet from parents & caregivers at all times.
- Drop-off & pickup should occur outside by the kiddie pool on the Outdoor Pool Deck, with Child Care staff coming outside to greet the children & to bring the children to their parents or caregivers at pick up.
- Parents & caregivers should not enter the facility if it can be avoided.
- Children being dropped off will be required to take off their shoes before entering the main Child Care area.
- Children will be required to wash their hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds or immediately after drop-off & immediately before pickup.
Child Care Reservation Guidelines:
- Child Care Hours – reservations required for all members
- Mondays - Saturdays • 8:30 am - 12 pm
- Reservation Guidelines:
- Reservations can be made over the phone at 408.445.4900, Online or by e-mail
- Reservations can be made up to 3 days in advance
- Reservation cut off time will be 9 pm the previous day to ensure consistent staffing
- Reservation block times are 1 hour maximum
- Maximum of 2 reservations per day per family
- Capacity for each age group:
- Lullaby Time - 2
- Toddlers - 5
- School Age/Potty Trained Children - 5
- Reservation Instructions:
- Log in to the AVAC® Online Portal
- If you need assistance with your account, contact email@example.com
- Navigate to and click on "Childcare Reservation" on the left
- If you do not see "Childcare Reservation," contact us so we can link your child(ren) to your membership, contact: accounting or 408.445.4940
- Select the child(ren) you want to reserve for, the date, & then the available time slot
- You will now see your reservation at the top of the screen, & a link to cancel on the right if you need to.
- Maximum of 2 reservations per day per family
Child Care Staff & Facility Procedures/Guidelines:
- Child Care Maximum Occupancy –
- Children must remain in stable groups of 12 or fewer with a stable Child Care staff with each group
- The 12-child limitation on group size only applies to Child Care participants, not Child Care staff.
- There is no limit to the number of children from a single household or living unit who may attend the same program. But whenever possible, children who live together should attend the same program and be assigned to the same stable group. This will minimize the risk of exposure to camp staff, other campers, & other members of the children's household
- Face Coverings –
- Child Care staff & all children ages 13 & older must wear a face covering at all times while attending Child Care, unless they are eating, sleeping, or actively exercising, in which case they should still keep their face covering with them to put back on when done. Children ages 7-12 should wear face coverings while under direct adult supervision, unless they are eating, sleeping, or exercising, in which case they should still keep their face covering with them to put back on later. Face coverings are not required for anyone if it is medically inadvisable for a person to wear one.
- Facility Procedures –
- Multiple groups of children may use a shared indoor facility or playground at different times of the day or week. However, these facilities should be sanitized between uses by different groups of children.
- Child Care staff will disinfect all toys & equipment used in the Child Care facility after each shift.
- Maintenance Staff will deep clean with bio-mist all equipment used by Child Care after each shift.
- Deep Cleaning of the floors will happen every Saturday & Wednesday.